Upgrade your camping experience and make each outdoor journey one to remember with one of the top 11 best two person tents on the market!
Experienced campers have evaluated these quality options, so you can trust that they are highly-rated in durability, comfortability, features – even value for money.
Whether a seasoned pro or just starting out on your adventure: any of our eleven picks will meet all needs for an enjoyable time outdoors.
Note: I get some extra cash back when purchases are made through us as an affiliate partner.
What Are The Best Two Person Tents Of 2024?
Looking for the best two person tents of 2024? Look no further.
We’ve compiled a list of the best two person tents that are sure to meet your needs.
Whether you’re looking for something lightweight and easy to carry or a roomy tent that can accommodate a large group, we’ve got you covered.
Make sure you have everything you need for your next camping trip by choosing one of these top-rated tents.
With so many options available, there’s definitely one perfect for you.
Purchase your favorite two person tent today!
Tiger Wall UL Solution Dye Series by Big Agnes (Best Overall)
Setting up a tent can be frustrating, especially if it starts to rain or snow while you’re trying to do it. And if your tent isn’t waterproof, you’re in for a long night.
The Tiger Wall UL Solution Dye Series by Big Agnes is the perfect solution for your camping needs.
This tent is made with solution-dyed fabric which is highly resistant to UV fade and offers excellent protection from the elements.
The two doors and two vestibules provide plenty of space for storing gear, while the DAC Featherlite single pole system ensures a stable, sturdy structure.
Increased airflow with low vent feature on the vestibule doors and double sliders on the vestibule zippers allows you to ventilate the tent from within, keeping you cool and comfortable all night long.
- Solution-dyed fabric is highly resistant to UV fade
- Features two doors, two vestibules with storm flaps on all vestibule zippers
- Simplified setup with proprietary tent corner construction and unique TipLok Tent Buckle™
- Easy and efficient setup and take down
- Elevated storage with a 3D bin ‘mezzanine’ in the foot and additional storage in the ceiling and door pockets at the head
- Clean earbud-cord routing from phones or other devices through media pockets
- Keep interior dry with dual zipper, smooth-closing, dry entry/exit vestibule
- More usable space between your feet and tent wall with structured foot-end corners
- Increased airflow with low vent feature on the vestibule doors and double sliders on the vestibule zippers for venting from the top or bottom
- Ready to pitch with pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly, and extra stability with Velcro® tabs that connect fly to pole structure
- Easy to pitch any time of day with reflective guylines and color-coded webbing on tent corners
- Includes lighter, yet stronger Dirt Dagger UL Tent Stakes with patent pending I-Beam aluminum construction
2 lb. 8 oz. (1134 g)
The Tiger Wall UL Solution Dye Series by Big Agnes is a high-quality, durable tent that is perfect for all your camping needs.
Featherstone UL Granite 2P Backpacking Tent (Best Overall Runner Up)
A good camping tent is an essential piece of gear, but it can be tough to find one that’s both lightweight and durable.
Most tents are either too heavy or not strong enough to stand up to wind and rain. The Featherstone UL Granite 2P Backpacking Tent is the perfect solution.
With its freestanding design, this tent is easy to set up even in windy conditions.
The bathtub floor prevents water from seeping in, while the factory-taped seams keep moisture out.
The detachable overhead gear loft provides extra storage space, and the footprint protects the tent floor from wear and tear.
With two doors and two vestibules, this tent provides plenty of room for you and your camping partner.
12 included stakes make it easy to secure the tent to the ground, and the reflective rain gutter ensures a good night’s sleep even if it rains.
Made with durable 7001 series aluminum poles and reflective guylines, this tent is built to last
- Bathtub Floor
- Factory-Taped Seams
- Detachable Overhead Gear Loft
- Footprint Included
- Reflective Rain Gutter
- Two Doors
- Two Vestibules
- 12 Stakes Included
- 7001 Series Aluminum Poles
- Reflective Guylines
4 lbs. 10 oz. (2090 g)
The Featherstone UL Granite 2P Backpacking Tent is perfect for minimalist camping and is easy to set up.
Black Diamond Mission 2P Tent (Best 4 Season Tent)
Your typical tent might work well in mild weather, but what about when it rains or snows?
The Black Diamond Mission 2P Tent is the perfect solution for extreme weather conditions.
With an external frameset that allows for quick and easy pitch, this tent is designed for optimal performance.
The 30d polyester fabric does not sag when wet, so you can rest assured your stay will be dry and comfortable.
Eight internal mesh pockets offer a place to store small items, while dual vestibules maximize storage space and are perfect for keeping boots or other gear out of the rain.
Fully taped seams provide additional protection from bad weather while overhead DAC Featherlite poles keep the tent structure steady and strong.
When it’s time to break camp, an oversized stuff sack makes packing up a breeze.
- Two-person capacity
- Double wall construction built to handle extreme conditions
- External frameset allows for quick and easy pitch
- 30d polyester fabric does not sag in wet conditions
- Fully taped seams
- DAC Featherlite poles
- Eight internal mesh pockets
- Removable inner tent for basecamp shelter
- Dual vestibules to maximize storage space
- DAC stakes included
- Oversized stuff sack fits optional ground cloth
8 lbs. 12 oz. (3960 g)
The MISSION 2P TENT is a two-person tent that has been designed for optimal performance, even in demanding climates.
NEMO Equipment Hornet Elite OSMO 2P Tent (Best For Backpacking)
Traditional tents are often heavy and difficult to set up, which can be a off-putting when you’re trying to get ready for an outdoor adventure.
Conquer your outdoor adventures with the NEMO Equipment Hornet Elite OSMO 2P Tent!
Lightweight and reliable, this tent includes dual doors for easy access into its spacious interior while a vestibule area provides extra storage.
Pack it up hassle-free to take on all of life’s journeys in style and comfort.
- Capacity 2 Person
- Floor Dimensions 85 x 51 in / 216 x 128 cm
- Floor Area 28 sq ft / 2.6 sq m
- Vestibule Area 12 sq ft / 1.2 sq m
- Interior Height 37 in / 93 cm
- Number of Doors 2
- Frame Description 1 DAC 8.7mm Featherlite NFL
- Packed Size 19 x 5 in dia / 48 x 12 cm dia
- Vestibule Fabric 7D Sil/PU Nylon (1200 mm)
- Fly Fabric 7D Sil/PU Nylon (1200 mm)
- Canopy Fabric No-see-um mesh
- Floor Fabric 10D Sil / PU Nylon Ripstop (1200mm)
1 lb. 12 oz. (794 g)
The NEMO Equipment Hornet Elite OSMO 2P Tent is a lightweight and compact tent that’s perfect for any outdoor adventure.
The Two by Gossamer Gear (Best For Backpacking Runner Up)
Not only are traditional tents often bulky and difficult to set up, but they also don’t provide full protection from the rain or bugs.
This can leave you feeling wet and uncomfortable during your camping trip.
The Two by Gossamer Gear is a lightweight, freestanding tent that offers full protection from rain and bugs.
With factory-taped seams, a bathtub floor, and 1800mm waterproof UTS coating, this tent is made to last.
The main body and floor have a catenary cut for quick, taut setup. Additionally, the tensioners with reflective line make it easy to get a taut setup.
Reflective guylines are knotted so they can be handled with gloves make it easy to set up in high winds.
The Two also has excellent ventilation with four doors to open to minimize condensation.
And for taller people, the tent has great headroom (and shoulder room).
Finally, the vestibule provides excellent protection and can be easily furl for views when no rain is expected.
- Lightweight, with full protection from rain and bugs
- Factory-taped seams
- Bathtub floor
- Can fit two 25″ wide inflatable pads
- Main body and floor have 1800mm waterproof UTS coating
- Great headroom (and shoulder room)
- Big vestibule with great protection
- Excellent ventilation with four doors to open to minimize condensation
- Catenary cut for quick, taut setup
- Highly adjustable pitch
- Interior clothes line and flashlight loop
- Reflective tie-outs for additional lines for high winds
- Tensioners with reflective line make it easy to get a taut setup
- Reflective guy lines knotted so they can be handled with gloves
- 2 large mesh internal pockets for personal items
1 lb. 7 oz. (665 g)
The Two by Gossamer Gear is a lightweight, freestanding tent that offers full protection from rain and bugs. However, this tent doesn’t come with stakes and requires a trekking pole to set up.
Most backpacking tents on the market today are either too heavy or lack the features you need to be comfortable on your trip.
MSR has created the perfect solution with their Hubba Hubba Backpacking Tent.
This tent is not only lightweight at 2 lbs. 14 oz (1.30 kg), but also offers a true rectangular floorplan, exceptional headroom, and two large side-entry vestibules for all of your gear – even when it’s wet outside!
The waterproof DuraShield™ fabric coating and taped seams as well as Easton® Syclone™ Poles ensure maximum soundproofing against windy weather.
All while providing maximum ventilation with the full-featured rainfly and its two StayDry™ doors equipped with built-in rain gutters and kickstand vents.
- Mesh and solid fabric body for airflow and weather protection.
- The Hubba is a symmetrical tent design that sets up quickly and is waterproof with Easton® Syclone™ poles.
- True rectangular floorplan and exceptional headroom (40 in/1.01 m); two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- DuraShield™ fabric coating and taped seams keep the elements outside where they belong.
- Advanced aerospace composite materials make poles virtually indestructible in challenging and windy conditions.
- Two large StayDry™ doors with built-in rain gutters and kickstand vents for extra ventilation.
- Cable ports on all pockets for easy cord management.
2 lbs. 2 oz. (971 g)
Truly a quiver-killer thanks to its legendary lightweight livability, the Hubba Hubba 2 will be the only tent you reach for on all your 3-season backpacking adventures.
There are a lot of tents on the market, and it can be hard to decide which one is right for you.
Not only do you have to consider the size and weight of the tent, but you also need to think about how easy it is to set up.
With the Copper Spur HV UL2, backpackers can confidently choose what best suits their needs.
Weighing under 3 lbs, this tent is one of the lightest tents on the market, making it easy to carry around during outdoor adventures.
Its set up procedure is also relatively simple and that makes this tent an ideal purchase for travelers looking for a way to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
Moreover, its innovative design ensures ample interior space for two people as well as interchangeable vestibules giving you the freedom to customize your own living area.
- Awning-style vestibules with double-zippers
- Features two doors and two vestibules
- 3-D bin ‘mezzanine’ at the foot provides elevated storage, oversized ceiling pocket at the head provides additional storage
- Reduced condensation with dual low-vent vestibule doors and high fly vent to maximize active and passive airflow.
- Smooth-closing, dual-zipper doors with easy-grip pulls
- Quick Stash door-keeper makes stowing unzipped doors quick and easy.
- Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing perfect pitch and extra stability
- Vestibule zippers protected with storm flap.
- Multiple interior loops for attaching gear lofts, accessories and mtnGLO® Tent & Camp Lights.
- Compatible with Copper Spur HV UL2 footprint featuring Tiplok™ Tent Buckles.
- Fast-fly setup available with footprint.
3 lb. 2 oz. (1417 g)
The Copper Spur HV UL series tents are redesigned with high-volume design, traditional, media, and 3D bin pockets, awning-style vestibules, and proprietary materials that are lighter, stronger and easier to set up.
Most tents on the market are either too expensive or not built to last.
You need a tent that will withstand wind, rain, and snow without sacrificing quality or comfort. The Black Diamond FirstLight 2P Tent is your solution.
This two-person design offers single door entry and an optional vestibule for convenient gear storage.
Combining lightweight DAC Featherlite® poles with proprietary NanoShield™ single-wall fabric, this tent is constructed for durability in the harshest of conditions.
Two interior mesh pockets offer interior storage space and reflective guylines add a heightened level of protection.
The 70D poly floor maximizes ventilation with zippered mesh panels at the rear and door, while a Sil-Net seam sealer ensures necessary waterproofing is achieved.
A repair tube to reinforce tent poles comes included and a ground cloth can be purchased separately.
This reliable structure provides 2.5 m2 (27.3 sq ft) of living space, making it ideal for two people, and packs down to 15 x 23 cm (6 x 9″).
If investing in a tent is on your agenda, this is the tent for you.
- Two-person design with single door entry and optional vestibule for gear storage
- Two internal DAC Featherlite® poles
- Two interior mesh pockets
- Zippered mesh panels at rear and door for ventilation
- Proprietary NanoShield™ single-wall fabric and 70D poly floor in Carbon color way
- Sil-Net seam sealer required
- Stronger reflective guylines—Polyester sheath with DynexTM core to minimize stretch
- Comes with repair tube for tent poles
3 lbs. 6 oz. (1545g)
This Black Diamond FirstLight 2P Tent is designed for durability with lightweight poles and a single-wall fabric.
Most tents on the market are either too lightweight for serious backpackers or have too many features for those who just need something simple.
The Big Agnes Salt Creek SL2 is the perfect solution.
With three separate doors, double side doors with double vestibule storage and one head-entry door with an awning-style entrance, this tent has everything you need and nothing you don’t.
Additionally, the steep walls provide plenty of shoulder space while the 3D bin pocket uses dead space to create generous storage inside the tent.
The fly and floor are made from polyester rip-stop fabric with a 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating, while the body is crafted from breathable polyester rip-stop and mesh.
Each seam is sealed with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape which has no PVC or VOC’s. Lastly, DAC Pressfit poles coupled with ultralight plastic clips ensure that you’ll be able to quickly set up your shelter in any condition.
- A full-featured tent designed with three doors–two side doors with vestibules, and one head-entry door with awning–and over-vertical side walls for maximum head and shoulder room, make this one of our most diverse backpacking tents
- Front entry drop-down door with awning-style vestibule creates extra venting on hot summer nights, an additional escape route, or extra storage space for pets and gear
- Four-way DAC hub creates vertical walls for increased living space
- Two dual-zipper side doors and two vestibules with storm flaps on the vestibule zippers
- Dual-zipper door is smooth closing and allows for easy entry.
- Quick Stash door keeper on tent body door makes stowing unzipped door quick and easy
- Media pockets enable clean earbud-cord routing from phones or other devices
- 3-D bin pocket utilizes dead space above feet for ample storage space
- One fly vent for increased airflow and reduced condensation
- Low Vent feature on the vestibule doors for more air flow while still providing vestibule coverage
- Ready to pitch; with pre-cut guylines and tensioners attached to fly
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Multiple interior loops for attaching gear lofts, accessories and mtnGLO® Tent & Camp Lights
4 lbs. 1 oz. (1840 g)
The Salt Creek SL series of tents is a versatile and high-quality tent for backpackers.
Camping can be a lot of fun, but it’s important to make sure you have the right gear to stay safe and comfortable.
Bad weather can ruin your whole trip.
The Black Diamond HiLight 2P Tent is perfect for any camper looking for a reliable, affordable option.
This tent uses Flow Manifold technology to allow a natural convection of air and moisture out of the tent, creating a pleasant, breathable space.
It also meets North American FR compliance with its flame resistance treated fabric and CPAI-84 regulation.
Plus, the 30D poly fabric increases strength through many conditions – no matter how hot or wet – and its large single side-door entry offers extra convenience from the get go.
Thoughtfully designed features like the two-and-half pole design provide double strength against those stormy days.
- Flow Manifold allows interior heat convection and exterior airflow to draw moisture and stale air out of the tent
- Flame resistance treatment for North America compliance
- High tenacity 30D poly fabric improves strength and doesn’t stretch when wet
- 100% Taped seams (no consumer seam sealing necessary)
- One or two-person design with large single side-door entry and optional vestibule for gear storage
- Two-and-a-half-pole design provides twice the strength and a drip-free awning
- Stronger reflective guylines—Polyester sheath with DynexTM core to minimize stretch
- Complies to FR regulation CPAI-84
- Comes with repair tube for tent poles
3 lbs. 15 oz. (1790 g)
The HILIGHT 2P TENT is a North American compliant, flame-resistant tent that has a natural convection system to keep the interior breathable.
Not all tents are created equal.
Some tents are difficult to set up, others don’t provide adequate protection from the elements.
Redefining the camping experience, Black Diamond’s MESA 2-Person Tent is perfect for anyone looking to get outdoors.
Boasting a large floor plan and lofty ceiling height, this tent provides ample space while remaining lightweight and portable.
Plus, its quick setup process ensures convenience when pitching up– no more fumbling with tangled poles!
And thanks to waterproof seams and bathtub flooring technology it offers superior protection from Mother Nature’s elements; all in an unbeatable package that won’t break the bank
- A lofty ceiling and large floor plan.
- Dual vestibules add storage space for wet or muddy gear
- Pole bundle features a hub-wrapped, variable-diameter pole system integrating the entire frame into one easy-to-setup system
- Hubbed system eliminates the need to sort out poles for setup
- Variable pole diameter increases tent’s strength and interior volume; asymmetric footprint creates generous shoulder room
- Polyester double ripstop rainfly resists water absorption, stays taught in rainy or humid conditions and resists UV degradation
- Rainfly has a silicone coating on the outside and polyurethane coating on the inside; all seams are taped
- Seam-taped, waterproof, bathtub-style floor keeps floor-edge seams off the ground
- Hi/Lo mesh/nylon canopy enables airflow and visibility outside; it is also high enough to keep out wind-born dirt and snow
- Rip-and-stick attachments on the underside of the fly allow it to be fastened to pole framework, which increases strength and stability
- Rainfly vents allow airflow at the top of the tent, and the raised vestibule floor allows airflow below
- Rainfly can be rolled back over the mesh canopy in a semi-deployed fashion in nice weather; roll back and secure from either the head or foot end
5 lbs. 2 oz. (2325 g)
The MESA 2-Person Tent is a comfortable and convenient camping experience for two people.
What Two Person Tent Should I Choose?
When selecting the best two person tent for your next camping trip, there are a few factors to consider.
Size, weight and materials all play a role in helping you decide. It’s important to look for a tent that is lightweight and compact, as well as one that is made from high-quality materials like nylon or ripstop fabric.
Make sure it is waterproof and has enough space for both people to stretch out.
Lastly, ensure the tent can handle windy conditions so you have a safe and comfortable camping experience!
With these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to find the perfect two person tent for your specific needs.
There you have it, the 11 best two-person tents of 2024 that the pros use. We think that you’ll be able to find just what you’re looking for here in our list.
With all of these great tent models from a variety of top-brand names like North Face, Coleman and Marmot, finding the perfect spot on your next camping trip has never been easier.
We hope that this list helped give you an insight into choosing just the right tent for your next outdoor adventure – whether alone or with your significant other.
Make sure to check out all of the details before making a selection as every person’s needs are different when it comes to their desired features and requirements.
So go ahead and check out the perfect tent for you today!